A fermentation expert at your service
Lallemand is among the world’s best suppliers of yeast and bacteria.
Lallemand is the only yeast and bacteria supplier that is also a primary producer.
More than 100 years of fermentation expertise in demanding markets such as oenology, nutraceuticals, pharmaceuticals and animal nutrition has enabled Lallemand to become a leader of specialty products.
Lallemand Specialty Cultures (LSC) is the business unit dedicated to customized bacteria fermentation and specialty cultures for food applications. Our expertise spans from the selection of microorganisms of interest to industrial production, all with the intent of addressing unique market needs. For your fermented meat, dairy and cheese applications, LSC brings the difference you are looking for by crafting original and specific solutions.
Why choose Lallemand?
- A dedicated and highly experienced team, which supports customers from start to finish.
- Recognized industry expertise in the selection of specialty strains. This already made our reputation particularly in the wine industry.
- An extensive cell bank with hundreds of strains of lactic bacteria cultures.
- An expertise for strain identification and characterization based on the most advanced microbiology and molecular biology technologies.
- Leading process and technology capabilities in industrial fermentation.
- State-of-the-art production capability, offering flexibility and reactivity with three lactic acid bacteria production plants in North America, and three in Europe.
- The most stringent quality standards (ISO 9001, ISO 22000, HACCP, and cGMP).
- Full control of the production chain from cell bank to finished goods, in both frozen and freeze dried form.