A fermentation expert at your service
Lallemand is among the world’s best suppliers of yeast and bacteria.
Lallemand is the only yeast and bacteria supplier that is also a primary producer.
More than 100 years of fermentation expertise in demanding markets such as oenology, nutraceuticals, pharmaceuticals and animal nutrition has enabled Lallemand to become a leader of specialty products.
Lallemand Specialty Cultures (LSC) is the business unit dedicated to customized bacteria fermentation and specialty cultures for food applications. Our expertise spans from the selection of microorganisms of interest to industrial production, all with the intent of addressing unique market needs. For your fermented meat, dairy and cheese applications, LSC brings the difference you are looking for by crafting original and specific solutions.
Why choose Lallemand?
- The world’s third largest producer of microorganisms for the agri-food industries.
- An extensive cell bank with more than a thousand of strains relevant to the Dairy and Meat industries (bacteria, yeast and mold).
- A recognized industry expertise in the selection of specialty strains to address specific market needs as demonstrated for the winemaking industry.
- An experienced team dedicated to providing technical support to our customers.
- State-of-the-art production capabilities offering speed and flexibility with a total of eight bacteria plants worldwide, the two in France are dedicated to the production of cultures for food applications.
- Full control over the entire production chain: from the cell bank creation to the finished goods.
- High quality and food safety standards (ISO 9001, FSSC 22000, and Pharma-GMP).
- Investments in R&D through internal competencies and an ever-growing network of university and industry collaborators worldwide.
- Investments in a worldwide technical sales network to serve and anticipate market needs.