Lallemand Specialty Cultures (LSC) offers a unique range of ripening and aromatic cultures for dairy and plant-based applications.
FLAV-ANTAGE® bring solutions to the food producers through a large large range of products, from cultures of Geotrichum candidum, Penicillium roqueforti, to Kluyveromyces lactis, Brevibacterium sp and other yeasts and ripening bacteria.
FLAV-ANTAGE® cultures’ strains are selected and associated according to their ripening and flavoring potentials, synergies, and objectives to be reached.
Cultures covering a wide variety of applications for cheese and plant-based analogs, the benefits vary depending on the type of surface and ripening cultures:
- Brevibacterium linens: Responsible for the color (from beige to red/orange) of washed-rind and smeared-rind soft cheeses.
- Geotrichum candidum: Deliver a white to creamy color thin coat and enhance cheese flavor.
- Lactobacillus rhamnosus: Develops cheese flavor.
- Leuconostoc: Develops the color, flavor and texture of blue cheeses.
- Yeasts: Deacidify the surface or soften the curd while producing fruity flavor notes.
- Flavor blends: Develop the color, flavor and texture of cheeses.
- Penicillium roqueforti : Develop the color, flavor and texture of blue cheeses.
- Propionibacterium freudenreichi:Opens the curd by the controlled formation of the eyes and contributes to the aromatic profile of the cheese.
- Staphylococcus xylosus: Soften the curd and possibly color the surface of washed-rind and smeared-rind soft cheeses.
Do you need additional information about this product line?
We will answer your request as soon as possible!
All of the fields below are required in order to ensure you receive the best possible service, adapted to your specific location and needs. Your personal information will not be shared to any third party or used to send you unsolicited email